Today’s Friday Favorite is the Command Hook from 3M. They are functional and attractive hooks that our organizers use and recommend frequently. These easy to use and removable hooks help make use of vertical wall space absolutely anywhere. The Command Hooks by 3M are not only good looking hooks, they are also completely removable with no damage to the walls. I use them in my mudroom. When the kids were little, I placed the hooks at an appropriate height so they could hang up their own coats as soon as they were able—it’s great to get them in that habit as soon as possible! Another great use for command hooks is in a closet or a bathroom—especially with kids—hanging towels, robes etc… at the appropriate height allows them to start taking the responsibility of putting their own things away. Apartment buildings, office space, teacher’s classrooms, there’s many places that having a removable, non damaging hook can come in handy. You can purchase Command Hooks at The Container Store or online at Amazon.com.
Today is earth day, so in lieu of a Friday Favorite, let’s honor mother earth and remember a few ways we can do our part to help the environment. Here are some ideas for what you can do:
Weed out: the first step in getting organized is to weed out and lighten the load. Not only will you simplify and feel lighter, you’re reducing your carbon footprint.
Give items a longer life: When weeding through unwanted things, opt to donate or sell what you can. Getting what you no longer use into a grateful new owners hands is not only satisfying, it’s eco friendly!
Purchase smart: Minimize what you purchase (after all, how much do we really need) and once you’ve decided on a purchase, consider it’s impact on the environment.
Watch this with your family: Watch Annie Leonard and the Story of Stuff to teach others about what happens to all of the things we purchase…
January is “National Clean Out Your Closets Month”, so we couldn’t go without a Friday Favorite for our amazing partners in organization–Closet Works. Simply organizing your closet is one thing, but if you’re in need of truly maximizing the space that you have and absolutely loving your closet every time you walk in, you may want to invest in the best custom laminate closet systems around by Closet Works.
We have partnered with Closet Works in the Chicagoland area for many years offering our organizational services to newly installed closet customers. It’s a great combination because there’s always plenty of organizing to do after closets are installed. Putting everything back in the most orderly way possible and showing the customer the very best ways to fold, hang and maximize every inch of the closet is our specialty. It’s a great combination! So if your closet just doesn’t quite fit what you need, as much as you try to organize, you may want to check out Closet Works and get the closet of your dreams!
I was asked to review the DYMO LabelWriter 450 Twin Turbo and found some great ways this gadget can help you work more efficiently. Here are some ways the LabelWriter can save you time in the office:
- The Dymo LabelWriter prints file folder labels (9/16 x 3 7/16) and hanging file labels (9/16 x 2) so you can stay ahead of the paper deluge that clutters your desk.
- If you use information from 3 Ring Binders, clearly label the spines to find frequently used information in a flash. Lots of labels to print — no worries, it has thermal printing so there is no expensive toner and ink to purchase!
- Create professional looking name badges for meetings or visitors. Print individually or up to 71 labels per minute!
- Use this labeler right at your desk for printing postage, quick and easy. No running across the office or extra costs involved. It connects to your computer, easy software (PC & Mac) installed, type and print.
- Don’t waste time putting blank CD’s/DVD’s into the computer to check what’s on them, rather, create CD labels promptly with all the information you need right on the label.
- Is your storage area a maze? Purchase plastic stacking containers and label them with details of the contents. No more searching for days in a cluttered space.
- Scouring that pile of cords for the right connection? Wrap a label around cords with the name of the gadget they connect to.
- A well marked label on your printer with specific operational instructions will save all the users time and aggravation.
- Are there numbers you repeatedly fax to? Place labels with frequently dialed numbers right on the front of the fax machine.
- The Dymo LabelWriter 450 Twin Turbo installs as an Add-in for Quickbooks, making payroll a snap.
The Dymo LabelWriter 450 Twin Turbo is a little work horse. I’m used to using a battery powered labeler that I type into. I loved the software and the ease of use. Thumbs up for the Dymo LabelWriter 450 Twin Turbo!
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Dymo. I was asked to blog about ways this product can help you save time in the office. I was compensated and given the Dymo 450 Twin Turbo to evaluate.