Today is National Clean Out Your Computer Day!
Here is a good excuse to carve out some time to organize and streamline your virtual workspace- it’s National Clean Out Your Computer Day! Backing up, archiving, and creating folders, are all ways to save time and frustration later on. Here are a few tips and to help you clean out and organize your computer:
- Create folders and labels within your email inbox. File away important emails for quick access at a later time.
- When cleaning out your email inbox, sort by subject or sender to view similar emails more efficiently.
- Create a filing system on your computer just as you would for paper documents. Keep file names short by using common abbreviations.
- Don’t waste time searching through your files and folders for a specific document, use an integrated search feature, such as Spotlight for Mac, or Google desktop search for Mac or PC to find files quickly and efficiently.
- Use your internet browsers bookmark toolbar to store and access frequently visited websites.
Creating a good system for naming and storing files will surely be time well spent!