Get Ready for the Blizzard
A blizzard is about to hit the Chicagoland area. Are you organized and ready? Before the big snow hits, think about the impact it will have on your home and family. Here is a checklist for blizzard preparedness:
- Get the garage ready: Make sure you have salt and shovels handy. Check the gas level on your snowblower and make sure there is plenty of extra fuel.
- Stock up: If you’ve seen the lines at the grocery stores, you know that people are preparing. Stock up on household essentials. Have enough for 3 days.
- Check in with family: especially if you have elderly extended family, make sure they have what they need to ride out the storm.
- Prepare for power outage: have flashlights and candles accessible. Power outages are possible during a big storm.
- Stay inside: If at all possible, don’t venture out until you must. Have what you need handy at home until roads are clear again.
With all the warnings and weather forcasts we have received, there should be plenty of time to be ready to take on the blizzard of 2011!