Have an Organized Halloween
If you’ve got kids, Halloween is definitely one of the most exciting days of the year. It can also be a crazy chaotic day with kids all going indifferent directions and parents trying to keep up with the craziness. Before everyone comes home from school to dress and dart out to for trick-or-treating, plan what you can in advance. Here are some thoughts:
- Lay out costumes. Know what they are wearing and where all the miscellaneous parts are. If the costume requires special parts or make-up, place it out with the costume.
- Have a healthy after school snack ready to give them when they get home from school. Have them eat it before chasing out to gather candy. This way you can at least ensure that they’ll get something decent and won’t just fill up on candy.
- Locate treat gathering containers. Little ones like those cute round pumpkins with a handle, while the older kids prefer to pile treats in bigger bags like a pillow case. You may even have something clever that ties in with the costume their wearing.
- prepare an easy meal like a pot of chili that can sit in a crock pot so dinner-on-the-go can happen whenever it’s convenient tonight. Throw to the wind any idea of having a pleasant sit-down meal on Halloween.
- Get your halloween hand-outs ready. Find a large bowl or decorative item like a cauldron and put the candy near the door.