Spring Cleaning “Don’t Forget” List
It’s easy to think of the obvious spring cleaning projects like giving a room a good cleaning or making sure your closet is up to date seasonally, but what about all the things that fall off your radar until they need to be fixed? Here’s a list of some often forgotten spring cleaning projects:
1. Remember to dust the coils and vacuum all crevices around your refrigerator to keep it running smoothly. An interior and exterior wipe down could also be in order.
2. Freshen the fireplace. Sprinkle coffee grounds on the ashes for easier clean-up and when you make a fire, toss in some rock salt to keep the chimney clean.
3. Look up. Light fixtures and ceiling fans need a good cleaning and if you didn’t change smoke detector batteries when the clocks changed, add them to your list.
4. Look under. Rather than the routine surface cleaning, take time this spring to move the furniture and give it a thorough cleaning while vacuuming under furniture and wiping the floor under area rugs.
5. Keep a schedule of when you need to replace filters and service your furnace and A/C to keep them running optimally–avoiding extra service calls.
6. If you have granite or marble countertops, sealing them to avoid stains is often overlooked until it’s too late. Schedule time now to have it done or do it yourself.
7. De-gunk drains. Remove the strainer and give all strains and drains a good cleaning. Pour a drain cleaning solution down to keep them smelling fresh and running smooth.
8. Rotate mattresses. If you wan to increase the life of your mattress and get better rest, give it a quarter turn.
9. Discard expired cosmetics and toiletires. Read our blog post, “Makeup Makeover” for tips.
10. Have you taken your Christmas tree lights down? If your still digging out, give us a call or send us an email to schedule an appointment to get organized.