Have an Organized Halloween
If you’ve got kids, Halloween is definitely one of the most exciting days of the year. It can also be a crazy chaotic day with kids all going in different directions and parents trying to keep up. Before everyone comes home from school to dress and dart out to for trick-or-treating, plan what you can in advance. Here are some Halloween tips:
- Lay out costumes. Know what they are wearing and where all the miscellaneous parts are. If the costume requires special parts or make-up, place it out with the costume.
- Have a healthy after school snack ready to give them when they get home from school. Have them eat it before chasing out to gather candy. This way you can at least ensure that they’ll get something decent and won’t just fill up on candy.
- Locate treat gathering containers. Little ones like those cute round pumpkins with a handle, while the older kids prefer to pile treats in bigger bags like a pillow case. You may even have something clever that ties in with the costume they are wearing.
- Prepare an easy meal. A pot of chili or something similar that can sit in a crock pot so dinner-on-the-go can happen whenever it’s convenient. Throw to the wind any idea of having a pleasant sit-down meal on Halloween.
- Get your halloween hand-outs ready. Find a large bowl or decorative container like a cauldron and put the candy near the door.