Get Organized for Tax Season
With 2014 behind us, it’s time to make sure the year is buttoned up and all tax-related documents are organized and ready to be processed. Previous years need to be archived properly for future access.
- Create a System: Have a well defined system for collecting important tax documents and forms. It will come in handy year after year. If you haven’t done so yet, create new files for 2015 tax-related documents now.
- Simplify Receipts: Make sure you have an easy-access place to stash receipts as they come in. Consider going digital and using an app like OneReceipt to keep track of all receipts for maximum tax benefits.
- Digital/Cloud Bookkeeping: Using a software program like Quicken or a cloud service is a great way to simplify bookkeeping. You can set up to import files directly from your bank with categories to keep track of everything.
- Pay Online: Paying bills through your online banking website is a great solution to the old days of checks in the mail. Automating payments will make it even easier. We love paying bills with Chase Quick Pay and even accept it as a method of payment for organizing services.
- Remember Your Deductions: Don’t forget to claim all the deductions you have available. Keeping well organized records is the best way to make sure you get maximum tax benefits.
- Get the Help you Need: If you need help setting up systems to keep your records organized, don’t forget, our knowledgeable Chaos To Order professional organizers are here to help every step of the way.