Small Space Organizing Solutions
It can be a challenge to stay organized when living in tight quarters. The less room you have, the more challenging it becomes to find a place for everything to fit. Making use of every bit of available space is crucial to proper flow as well as to finding what you need when you need it. Here are a few solutions to help make the most of small spaces.
- Purchase furniture that maximizes storage. Consider dual purpose furniture, like a Murphy bed that turns into a desk or table.
The underbed area is always great for storage. This is a great example of making use of underbed space with super easy access by lifting the mattress up! Underbed boxes or bed lifters are other options.
- Divide the space. In small spaces think about the function of each area. How much space do you need for a sitting area? Dividing up the space will certainly add to what you can do in it as well as optimize storage solutions.
- Fully use every inch of cabinet and drawer space. These helper shelves allow you to put cups, plates bowls and napkins in one small cabinet. Do the same with drawers. Use drawer dividers to not only maximize every inch, but also to create an organized place for each and every little thing.
- Look up. Let vertical space be your friend. Making use of available wall space will free up clutter in other areas. Look up and place shelving wherever possible. In this bathroom, a shelf was installed above the door, it’s an efficient way to use otherwise wasted space, and it looks great too!
- Keep less. You just can’t keep as much when your space is limited. This can actually be a good thing. You’re forced to be much more judicious about what stays and what goes. It never fails, if you have tons of cabinet space, you end up filling it up–eventually. The opposite with limited space, you edit and eliminate more frequently because you’re forced to. A small space will help you to keep only what you need and like. Downsizing, or living small is a great cure to holding on to too much clutter!