Travel Light Tips
Gone are the days of throwing everything in your suitcase and jetting off on vacation. With luggage fees and packing restrictions, it pays to travel simplified and organized. Here are some tips to keep your travels light this summer:
- Check your destination. See what in-room amenities are provided at the hotel to ensure you only pack what’s needed.
- Do the homework on your destination so you know what you’ll be doing, what the weather will be, and then pack only what you need.
- Pack functional clothing. Bring easy-care garments that can be used for multi-purpose.
- Don’t forget the 3oz Rule. Remember to keep your carry on liquids limited to 3oz. The TSA agents never hesitate to discard if it’s more.
- Weigh the cost of lugging it with you. It may even cost less and eliminate baggage fees to buy items such as toiletries, snacks, etc. at your destination.